Shafaqat Rehabilitation Center
In the absence of reliable data about number of physically challenged in our state coupled with lack of post care facilities. The society with about 40 years of experience with physically challenged in the field has realized that a challenged persons cannot be restored to a condition where from he/she can live independently and maximize to restore normal life without a comprehensive post health care management, thus we established Shafaqat rehabilitation centre.
First of its kind in J&K state to provide rehabilitation to the spinal injury patients, to regain their physical independence. In order to provide care and comfort round the clock, the centre is fully equipped with two wards for orthopedically challenged persons. The centre is also manufacturing prosthetics and orthotics appliances for the deserving and needy patients using the hi-tech and sophisticated material.
- The Department has fully rehabilitated more than 3050 Spinal injury patients and patients with other associated conditions on outpatient and inpatient basis.
- Till date we have distributed free 214 wheelchairs & 490 elbow crutches.
- CAM Department has treated 697 patients with various musculo-skeleton pains and spasticity.
- 10 patients got basic computer education as well.
- Psycho-social Intervention
- Assistive Devices
- Early Intervention
- Young Athletes Program
- Peer Counselling
Psychiatric consultations for outpatient and in patients are conducted from time to time for psycho-social well being of such persons under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Mushtaq Marghoob HOD Mental Health and Neurosciences Hospital, Rainawari, Srinagar.
Various types of mobility aids such as elbow crutches, tetra pods, tripods, walking sticks and wheel chairs are provided to needy and most deserving persons with disabilities free of cost.
Neonatal/young kids are intervened for observation of early deficits / deficiencies and necessary management is provided.
Young kids are examined and trained in -built sports tendencies in order to develop later sports capacities.
One of the members of VMS is a well rehabilitated spinal cord injured person confined to wheel chair has a fair knowledge of bodily impact injury and its social impact on a person’s life. He remains available at the centre, for advice of the patients and his/her family.
Our state of the art gym has the following equipments:
- Spin & Recumbent bikes
- Ab boards
- Crazy fit
- Dumbbells (from half kg to 35 kg)
- Leg extension, leg curl, leg press machine
- Butterfly machine
- Multi-station center
- Smith & Back press machine
- Incline/decline/flat benches
- Exercise ropes
- Rowing machine