Memorandum of VMS
The Organization is declared to be non-profit making, non-political charitable, philanthropic Society. The activities of the Society shall be charitable in nature to the extent possible and it shall strive to achieve the following Aims and Objectives for the Beneficiaries irrespective of their cast, colour, creed, or religion.
Aims & Objectives
- Establish special schools and rehabilitation centers for physically challenged persons with special preferences to spinal, orthopedic, mental, speech & hearing ailments/impairments.
- Extend similar facilities to other similarly placed beneficiaries (categories of disabilities) depending upon the financial strength of the Society.
- Introduce community based rehabilitation.
- Provide promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitation services.
- Campaign for change in the minds of general public towards Independent living of the beneficiaries.
- Institutionalize in-patient and out door program services.
- Utilization of a coordinated approach among Education, Health and Social services.
- Organize training programs, seminars, conferences for medical, paramedical, volunteers and other philanthropists having interest to serve beneficiaries.
- Physical therapists of the special schools and rehabilitation centers to be given an active role in identifying and explaining causes, features, types, and programs of the beneficiaries in their development and evaluation.
- Organize mobile artificial limb centers at various places and provide free aids and appliances to downtrodden beneficiaries of the community.
- Approach government for appropriate legislation to meet the requirements of the beneficiaries.
- Strive to arrange employment in both public and private sectors.
- Strive to provide a barrier-free environment in all public places.
- Cooperate with other institutions and organizations engaged in providing services of similar nature.
- Organize sheltered workshops to evaluate the beneficiaries towards their services of similar nature.
- Utilization of available sources in the community.
- Promote parents involvement in planning, decision making and evaluation.
- Receive financial assistance, substance, subsidies, donations etc. from individuals and organizations having interest in the upliftment of the beneficiaries in the community located within and/or outside the country with or without entering into any agreement.